Sunday, August 10, 2008

Cindarelli, Cindarelli…

…we can help our Cindarelli. I’m not sure how many of you know the movie Cinderella as well as I do, but there’s a part of the movie where the mice are making her a dress for the ball and singing about it. It’s pretty funny.

Anyway…on the train today from Venezia to Firenze an alternative lifestyle couple got on the train in Bologne and sat right next to me and Monty that were sitting across from one another. We were sitting in a section of seats for 4 people and Monty and I were sitting across from each other next to the window. We had the 4 seats to ourselves for more than an hour of the ride and just assumed we would be alone for the entire trip.

But…in Bologne this couple joined us. The rotund one that sat next to Monty was the most interesting. He had his shades on the whole time…I guess his future is bright! With a pink belly shirt, neon pink nail polish, white man-capris and a rodeo-esk belt with bling! I’m not sure what he had on his feet because I never made it that far, but I do know the he shaves both his arms and his legs, because both were touching Monty as soon as he took his seat!

I was blessed with sitting next to the smaller of the 2 men who was a mouth breather! Monty and I just loved the remainder of our trip trying our best not to touch either of the 2 men!
The most exciting part of the trip was when the rotund partner’s phone began to ring playing the song from Cinderella. Neither he nor his mouth breathing friend awakened to the chorus of the song, but the rest of the cabin heard it loud and clear. To my amazement, they both awoke when the mouth breather’s alarm on his cell phone went off. Awesome! I know y’all are sad you missed it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it! I also love your blog, you are having such a wonderful experience! I'm totally jealous (some would say Jersey is another country.. I would tend to agree) Enjoy it! I'm going to book mark your blog on mine, if you don't mind. This is fun reading about your adventures!
Mary D.