Sunday, August 10, 2008

Our First Tuscan Feast in Firenze

After we saw Michaelangelo's David this morning we trecked the 414 steps up the Duomo for some picture perfect views of Firenze.

We then ate some pie and came back to take a nap before heading to our second Italian Catholic mass in as many days. This was even better than yesterday because we sat right up front like we knew what we were doing. Monty and I guess that the 'pews' we were sitting on are circa 1700 at the youngest! They were so cool, but unfortunately photography inside the church is forbidden in Italy, along with shorts, although some Canadian was taking pics and decked out in shorts. But...I think my relationship with God is good and I didn't want to taint it by taking pics in Cathedral di Santa Maria del Fiore!


Next Monty and headed to Guido's. Seriously...that's the name of the restaurant we ate at and it was fabulous! I'm uploading a picture of our wine, one of Monty and our first course and a final one of me. I'll upload more pics from Firenze later in the trip because the Internt is pretty slow right now!

No comments: