Saturday, August 16, 2008

Milano - our final day in Italia...Boo!

After 2 wonderful days in Firenze, Monty and I hopped on our final train to Milano. This is a picture of the enormous Milano train station, you can't even see the wings on either side of the main entrance because they wouldn't fit in teh picture! Although I was ready to come home after being away for more than 6 weeks, I was still very sad to leave Italia.

After we arrived and checked into our awesome hotel room. No kidding...it was the nicest one by far and all by accident via online booking! Check out the name of the hotel. That's right, it says it's the white Monty and how true that is!








We headed to the Duomo. Monty and I were awestruck when we came up from the Metro at it's size and beauty. It's absolutely huge and I think the white marble makes it look even larger than it is, if that's possible. The inside was incredible and absolutely beautiful. This is a picture of me standing next to the Duomo, but of course means very little because I'm so short.
Right next to the Duomo is a mall. Monty loved the tile floor and had to take a picture!
The children's toy is actually a bee! We saw it on a playground in one of the city parks! Monty and I had a great time in Milano and were very sad to come back to reality.





No comments: