Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Redneck awesomeness!

So, I just received an e-mail that the lasershow is celebrating it's 25th anniversary this year. How awesome is that? I know most of you are not fans, but I think it's quite possibly the best part of the summer. My problem is that I cannot get anyone to go with me because they think it's cheesy, but I really think they won't go because you can't have alcohol.

Although I've had a great time in Austria, I'm really sad I likely won't be able to go this summer because Monty absolutely refuses to go and people watching sucks by yourself! Moral of the story, if you get a chance to go or if you've never been to the lasershow...you should go because you don't know what you're missing! It's PCB on steroids, mullets galore and I'm sure even more rednecks and tank tops than Daytona or Talladaga!

7 comments:

tillisfam5 said...

MJ,
I will seriously go with you when you get back! I can't find anyone to go with me either and I am dying to go!

Valarie said...

If we were there, I'd go! I love it, no matter how cheesy. I also like to take yankees to the laser show just to show them a little bit of Georgia culture. Talk about culture shock :-).

Unknown said...

Since when can you not have alcohol at the laser show? I never knew that... Sara

Marijane said...

Well...I supposed you can have alcohol, but not if they see you with it. I guess as long as you're covert about it you can have it, but they have signs that say no alcohol.

Unknown said...

That was the last thing Roger and I did in Georgia, the Saturday before we moved! And we took Jack Daniels, didn't know we weren't supposed to but no one cared. Without giving too much away....there is a monster truck involved.

Anonymous said...

MariJane! I stumbled across your blog and this is hilarious! I moved to NJ but yet in my house I have a "GA WALL OF FAME" (okay, I don't call it that in front of other people.) It's slightly more tasteful than it sounds.. but on it, a picture of STONE MTN baby! When I tell all these yankees about the laser show, they think I'm pulling their leg. Great blog! i'm going to book mark it!

Anonymous said...

umm, okay..just so you know who is sending this to you... Mary Dickenson! Hope all is well!