Monday, July 28, 2008

Garmisch, small town Germany and its highest point!

After class last Thursday, Lauren and I set off to visit Germany's highest point, Garmisch. It was a cute little town and the weather couldn't have been better.





The train ride there is a little scary at times because it's pretty much a straight climb up and some of the passages are very narrow and steep.






When we arrived, we decided just to walk around and take everything in. Although Innsbruck isn't a huge town, it definitely lacks the small town feel of a Garmisch. Apparently, most of the small towns in Austria and Germany have painted buildings which I absolutely adore. I'm not sure why Innsbruck or the larger towns haven't adopted this custom as well because it would just add to the charm.






Right outside the train station was our first painted cow of the day. Don't you love the hearts?! I'm not sure why Garmisch or Salzburg chose cows, but they had them all over town with different scenes on each one.






Don't you like my 2 friends, the turban 'guy' was outside a chocolate shop and then I saw the lego conductor!
Although there wasn't much to see, unless you had time to hike, which we didn't, I'm glad I got to see a smaller town and see the differences.
The mountains still have snow on them in July!

No comments: