Sunday, July 20, 2008

Mama always said to eat your vegetables

And somehow that completly missed the Austrian and German mothers, unless of course you consider potatoes a vegetable. I wonder what they held over their children's heads and forced them to eat? I assure you they were never served boiled okra like we were!

Seriously, until my flight to Tel Aviv last night, I had only seen vegetables once since I have been in Innsbruck and that was at the cafe in the grocery store where I eat lunch most days. And, I've only seen those vegetables on one day. The rest of the time I've been here the only vegetables are potatoes in some form or another, corn if you're lucky or iceberg lettuce which apparently the German and Austrians don't know has absolutely no nutritional value!

Anyway, on the flight from Berlin to Tel Aviv I not only had a hot meal, but broccoli was included. I was so excited to eat broccoli that it was the first thing I ate. Yay! I was even more excited when I got off the plane and talked to Will and found out he eats mostly veggies in Israel! Woo hoo!

Lainie, Paul and Pruett, y'all definitely need to visit Germany or Austria because they pretty much only serve meat and potatoes. Your favorite! I'm definitely going to get my fill before I leave here because I probably won't see more veggies until I get back to Atlanta.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That sounds good to me. Although I think you are forgetting the nutritional value you are getting from the beer. I mean hello!