Thursday, July 17, 2008

We had a change of plans…

So...I thought I was going to Isreal today, but I was awoken at 5AM by my cell phone. I haven’t slept with my cell phone on since I got here, but decided to leave it on since I still hadn’t touched base with Will and I was headed to the train station at 8AM to catch a train to Munich, then to Berlin and then a flight to Tel Aviv and ‘shuttle’ to Jerusalem. Groggy at 5AM, Daddy told me that Will was sick and that if I went to Jerusalem as planned, Will would not be there and I would have no place to stay. What?

Well…I finally woke up after talking to both Mama and Daddy at 5AM. Much to my surprise it was really light outside. Becky, almost as light as it was at 2AM in Alaska last summer!

Anyway, I lie awake after hanging up with my parents trying to figure out what I wanted to do. I must admit that although I’m extremely psyched about seeing Will and especially Jerusalem, I’m really nervous too. Not to mention the fact that my flight doesn’t land in Tel Aviv until 12:20AM and then I have to take a ‘shuttle’ to Jerusalem and meet Will in a square. I know, I know, y’all are probably freaking out right now and know that I would never do this in Atlanta, but for some reason I think it’s a good time to do this is Jerusalem. Nevermind that Iran decided last week to ‘test it’s strength’. But…thinking for awhile and after talking to Monty who I’m hoping actually wants me to be alive when he lands here on the 30th of July…I decided to change my flight.

So…I woke up again when the airline actually opened and changed my flight from today to Saturday. It stinks though because I was supposed to land at the crack of dawn on Friday morning and now I’m not landing until the crack of dawn on Sunday morning…2 fewer days. But…I’m not fearing for my life and Will and I will just make the most out of the 50 hours I’m actually on the ground in Israel. It will be a whirlwind, but I’m sure one of the best of my life…and I’m OLD!

Kudos to anyone who can tell me the movie I'm referencing with the title of this post.

See you on Sunday Will…

2 comments:

Unknown said...

MJ--I think your title references "Grease." Kudos to me, I guess.

I really can't believe I know that. What can I say, when I was 10 Olivia Newton-John was smoking hot.

Marijane said...

Woo hoo! You got it right and I'm not surprised because it's a total chick flick, which fits you! ha!

BTW...I heard you're going to Scotland for graduate school. That's awesome! Maybe I can come visit although I said that when you lived in California too.