Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Welcome Reception at the Schloss Ambras

On Monday evening we took buses from our hotel to the castle Schloss Ambras [see the slide show above]. When we first arrived it didn’t look much like a castle, but the courtyard and rooms were very ‘castle like.’ We toured some of the museums in the castle and of course I took pictures. The Chief Justice was there with his family and we were able to talk to him for a few minutes.

After touring the museums we were served a German supper. It was ok, but as you know I don’t care for meat with gravy, which we had and something they called a dumpling. As most of you know….dumplings rank about as high on my list of things to eat as whipped cream. Needless to say, I’m eating very little and walking a ton, but this will be good for my waist line! Ha!

After supper I went up some stairs at the castle and caught a spectacular view of Innsbruck with the Alps in the background. The clouds had cleared just enough to see the tops of the Alps and I used the panoramic software that came with my new camera to get the new picture behind the title of my blog.

No comments: